Request for Proposal
12pm (Sydney time)
Thursday 10 August 2017
Request for proposal: Developing a national systems approach for meeting bio-security requirements to access key Asian markets (AM17001)
Hort Innovation is a not-for-profit, grower-owned Research and Development Corporation (RDC) for Australia’s $9 billion horticulture industry. Hort Innovation invests around $100 million in research and development (R&D) and marketing programs annually to provide benefit to industry and the wider community.
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Developing a national systems approach for meeting bio-security requirements to access key Asian markets (AM17001).
The project will aim to develop:
• A robust and flexible model for the assessment of systems approaches along the entire production chain and facilitate a quantitative assessment of fruit fly and moth prevalence in potentially affected commodities. This would enable assessment of the impacts of various control measures and undertaking sensitivity analyses to focus efforts of research. The project will also focus on determining cost efficacy of using a systems approach versus an end point treatment for trade purposes
• Identify pathways to domestic and Asian markets to ensure producers and stakeholders have a defined market access outcome
• The domestic pathways to market access will include use of existing, or development of new, Interstate Certificate Assurance (ICA) protocols
• Preparation and submission of systems approach market access proposals (with supporting data) for use by Australian trade negotiators.
Project will have the following outcomes:
• Improved market access opportunities for a range of Australian horticulture commodities with various trading partners
• Improved fruit fly management systems, reduced disinfestation costs, and improved fruit quality and shelf life condition
• Property and regionally based pest freedom status by way of a systems approach to meet national and international market access requirements
• Creation of new trade opportunities for investment and growth
• Increased domestic market access, sales and profits for regional growers and cost and trade advantages from economies of scale.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties. The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this. Membership is free.)
The closing date for responses is 12.00 noon (AEDT) Thursday, 17 August, 2017.